Recently, when I was looking for the whole process of reissuing my passport when it was about to die, all of a sudden it occurred into my mind by documenting the whole process, so that others could avail it. Delhi Short date appointment.
Though the things which I have written here may or may not be fruitful to every passport reissue case because each case has its own differences, please do remember that renewal and reissue of passport are two totally different things, passport is generally reissued but the renewal process occurs in especial cases renewal is something where a short validity passport is issued and which has to be renewed for full ten years term. Schedule short date appointment for Delhi.
Before you scroll down there are things which you should not ignore.
1) As my passport has been reissued in April 2013 there are chances that the process may change within few months. Short date appointment booking for Delhi.
2) My passport got reissued at Delhi and its not necessary that the passport authorities at other locations are not comply to the process. Getting a Short date appointment in delhi PSK.
3) Some changes required to change my address and add spouse name there in the passport, for more changes other documents may required. Tatkaal passport appointment for Delhi Psk.
4) Here my case could be different from yours , because my case was of passport reissue, for new fresh passport your all documents will be required and your experiences with the passport authorities could be different. Delhi tatkaal Passport appointement.
5) Tatkal application may requires some extra security checks.
Below are some steps, which I followed to get it reissued in ten days under normal application system.
1) Though all the process of passport entry has been made online you have to make an online passport entry on passport India website, from one account you can create three application so, when its needed then only create multiple accounts like if you want to apply for passport for the family members ,if you have three application then you have to create multiple accounts on passport website. Online Appointment booking for Delhi PSK.
2) And when you will create your account, you will get an email from the passport India website, there you will be asking to click on a link to activate your account, once you are done with activating your account, there you will get a welcome email from passport website. Appointment for Delhi.
3) After that you have to visit the document advisor link on the home page for the details of the documents which will require for your application you will be asked by the document advisor regarding your application just to advice you what kind of documents will be required for your application Fresh passport documents and reissue passport documents these are totally different and you will get better detailed information through these links about he documents required. Passport Appointment schedule
4) Go straight to the passport website, login to your account depending upon your needs create an application for either fresh or reissue of passport. You can fill the form online or by downloading the PDF file you can fill it offline, if you are choosing to fill the form later through PDF file you have to inaugurate an XML upload file to submit the application. if you are using broadband internet connection ,it would be much better to access up to your needs in the internet, and it is always suggested better to choose online procedure rather PDF.
5) When you will be filling the form just make sure all the names you are giving there are correct like name, surname, father/mother/spouse names, all these things exactly matches with your old passport,in both the cases of reissuance of passport and fresh passports your filling information must be correct with tour given required documents and if you are already married, it is necessary to give your spouse name in the application and by accident if you skip this or failed to give your spouse name your form will get cancelled and may be some legal action could be taken against you on the ground of criminal.
6) When you are giving references in the application just make sure you are providing the references who live in the same society where you live or your neighbors, passport website says that you can provide the references from your city but these are not applicable for big cities such as Delhi, and the police prefers the references of neighbors only.
7) Fill the correct police station in your application because one error will delay your police verification and don’t seek help on filling such details with the help of passport authorities they may not be able to guide you over such details.
8) Once you are done with filling your form, click on submit and the system will inaugurate an application number, well you cant make any changes in the application once the application is submitted. If you are willing to make any changes you have two options first make a new application or you can make changes to your passport by mentioning the passport office during your appointment.
9) When your application got submitted you will have to create an appointment to your nearest passport seva Kendra(psk).
Update: either under tatkal application or normal application in both cases appointments are required.
10) You can also follow the steps given in the article ‘How to get passport appointment online’
11) After getting the appointment do print your appointment receipt (which has a barcode) and bring all the documents suggested by the document advisor, bring the original documents with its 2 photocopies. The photocopies of your documents must be self attested i.e, applicant should sign on each copies.
12) Though the photocopies and the biometric signature are captured at the PSK, so you don’t have to carry any application or photographs.
13) Please do note that no one is allowed to accompany you to the PSK unless you are minor, physically challenged, illiterate.
14) Be very punctual regarding your appointment visit the PSK at the reporting time.
Update: don’t be late there even for 5 minutes, the appointment will automatically get cancelled by the system once your appointment got cancelled you will have to reschedule your appointment through online system so, try to reach before time and take your token number.
15) Cameras and no other electronic gadgets are allowed inside the PSK, only mobiles are allowed, so its better to carry your documents and your cell phone, PSK do not offer local facilities.
Once at PSK: Tatkaal appointment booking for Delhi.
1) The PSK security will scrutinize your appointment letter and let you in.
2) In the PSK you will have to stand in a queue for your token number, basically this should not take more than 5 to 10 minutes, since there are many people who are late there is already a back log and it is expected to stand 30 to40 minutes before you reach the token counter.
3) At the token counter the person will ask your appointment receipt and all your original documents there the person will take one copy of the document and if everything is in order he/she will make a file and will give you the file number as well, then he/she will return you your original documents.
4) wait there until your name is called out and until you receive your token this may take 50 to 60 minutes, as soon as you receive the token, you will be allowed inside the application processing zone, before entering you have to present your token before the security who will verify it and then he will let you in.
5) when you enter the processing zone you will notice there different types of counters viz A, B and C.
6) TCS employees handle the counter A activities and they are very professional and quick in their work
7) There you will see LCD screens placed at different locations, to show the token number status, when your token number will called out visit A counter then
8) Prepare all your documents in counter A all tour documents will be scanned at the same time will be uploaded at the system. There you will also get the opportunity to verify all the details which you have given before your photograph, biometric(finger prints) will be required they will capture it, at the same time you will have to pay application fees at the counter A , once all these things are done, you will get your passport file and token number this will take 5 to 10 minutes.
9) Again after completing this procedure you will have to wait until your token being called out at B counter. Here again another verification will take place by the passport officer, he will verify your original documents, stamp your documents photocopies as verified, this may take 5 to10 minutes or may extend it to 20 minutes, after that you will receive your token and file back from the counter B office.
10) Until your turn will come at counter C you will have to wait a senior officer will verify all your documents again he may ask you few questions and if they are satisfied with your application process , he/ she will grant you the passport and generate the receipt the officer will keep the file at counter C and at the same time he/she will keep you posted whether your passport application has been accepted under tatlak or not, whether police verification will require or not or whether it will happen after passport reissue or before.
11) And when you are done with counter C you will have to submit your token at the exit counter , there you will get a passport application receipt and passport file number, and one more thing you can also track your passport status online with the help of given passport file number.
Well , I am not that much experienced in this field and I am not well accustomed with all the documents required as every passport application case is different, there some suggestion which worked in my case , it might help you out too.
1) Submit as many documents as possible, though you will get suggested by the document advisor, submit one of your documents which carry address proof and your identity too.
2) If you have aadhar card which is one year old will be accepted as a proof of a address and identity. Please do make sure that the given name and dress must match exactly as on your passport application.
3) Though ration card will also be acceptable as your address proof, along with ration card you will have to submit one more address proof if ration card is your primary address proof.
4) Photo and non photo passbook issued by commercial or public sector bank acceptable as address proof.
5) The printed bank’s statement should be stamped and signed on every page and also the signatory should mention his or her name and designation and number.
6) And the bank statement will not be accepted by the passport authorities if it is inaugurated by online net banking.
7) Another address proof will be accepted like utility bill if it is in the name of applicant and two bills will have to be produced one is of 12 months old and another is current, but E bills will not be accepted.
You can share your feedback anytime, and feel free to share your notions with us. You can ask any question related to passport application