So you want to apply for passport but getting confused where to start from How to get the Passport Appointment. Now a days the application process is very easy and hassle free. But even there is lack of information regarding the application process. The TCS employees are very friendly and helpful. The service inside the PSK is very nice. Unlike earlier government employees who ignores you till you give him a bride. Still there needs some improvement in Tatkaal passport appointment online. No need to worry anymore. I am going to explain the complete process of Passport application to appointment booking.
How to register in Passport Seva website?
First Visit http://www.passportindia.gov.in/ and click register now.
Now fill up the given form.
Remember three things. (i) Password Policy: The password must contain one digit (0-9), one lowercase (a-z) or uppercase (A-Z) character. It can contain minimum 8 and maximum 14 characters.
(ii)Note down your Hint Question and Answer. It will required in case you forget your password.
Enter the capcha and click register button.
(iii)Always enter capcha in capital letters
Now login to your email account to activate your passport seva account.
When you click on the link you will asked for the user id. Enter your used id and click submit. On next screen you will see that your account has been activated.
Now your Passport Seva account has been successfully created.
Filling Up Passport Seva form for booking tatkaal passport appointment
Now I am going to share you the complete process of filling up the form. After which you will able to book the tatkaal passport appointment. Not only tatkaal you can also book short date or normal appointment. The process will remain same for all the PSK weather its Pune or Chennai or any other PSK or RPO in India.
- Now login to your account.
- On the applicant home page click on "Apply for fresh passport/reissue of passport"
- Now for filling up the application form. There are two process one is online and second is offline. We recommend you to use the offline process. Its hassle free and easy. But don't worry we will guide you on both the process.
Filling up passport form using offline process
- Click on "Click here to download the soft copy of the form" link.
- After downloading right click on the file and click "Extract All".
- Then click extract.
- Now open the folder and click on the passport application form. (Note: You required a Adobe Reader in order to open this pdf file. If you don't have one download it from here)
- Fill up the form properly and click "Validate and Save" button. It will generate an XML document. Save this document and remember the location.
- Now again go to the Applicant Home Page and Click "Click here to upload the filled form" button.
- On the next page you will asked for your state and district.
- As soon as you will select the details you will automatically redirected to the next page.
- On the given page first click on the "choose file" button and select the xml file generated from the passport form. Next select weather you want to apply for sms service worth RS 40. If you select this service you will get notified about the status of your tatkaal passport appointment and status of the applicaton. Now on the next step select Yes & No for the sharing of your contact no and details with third party for offer. and click Upload button.
- On the next page verify the details and click continue upload.
- Now your form has been successfully uploaded you can now proceed to schedule tatkaal passport appointment.
Filling up application form using online process
- Click on the "Click here to fill the application form online" button.
- On the next page select the passport types details and click next.
- On the application details page fill up the details and click "Save my details" button
- If you have filled the form correctly you will get the message "Your application form has been saved successfully." Now click Next button.
- Its an family details page. Again click save my details button after filing up the form and click next.
- This is a present residential address page. fill up the details and do the same as above.
- Fill up the complete form in this way. On self declaration page you click Preview Application form after clicking save my details button. Check your form.
- Next select weather you want to apply for sms service worth RS 40. If you select this service you will get notified about the status of your tatkaal passport appointment and status of the applicaton. Now on the next step select Yes & No for the sharing of your contact no and details with third party for offer. And after that click Submit Form. If everything remains fine you will get the message Your application form has been submitted successfully.
Now you have learned How to fill up passport application form. Now I will learn you How to manage tatkaal passport appointment?
How to pay normal and tatkaal passport appointment fees?
Now its time to pay the application fees. There are two ways to pay the application fees.
- Online Mode: In online mode you have to pay the application fees while booking passport appointment.
- Offline Mode: In this mode you have to print the challan and submit that challan to SBI through out India. It will take atleast 48 hours to reflect the payment. Keep in mind that submit the challan atleast 3 hours after generating it.
Passport Application Fees Chart
|Passport Type||Normal Fees||Additional Tatkaal Fees|
|Fresh/Reissue 60 pages||2000||2000|
|Replacement of Passport (36 pages) in lieu of lost, damaged or stolen||2000||2000|
|Replacement of Passport (60 pages) in lieu of lost, damaged or stolen passport||3500||2000|
|Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport for Minors||1000||2000|
Keep in mind one thing that you have to pay normal fees in advance and tatkal fees in passport office in cash. Fees is always non refundable.
How to book Tatkaal Passport Appointment?
Now its time to learn schedule passport appointment. I am going to teach you the process using online payment. Offline process remains the same except payment.
Steps for booking passport appointment
- Login to http://www.passportindia.gov.in
- After login click View Saved/Submitted Applications at the left side with in services tab.
- Now select the application for which you want to schedule passport appointment then click Pay & Schedule Appointment.
- Now select online payment and click next.
- Again click next on the given page.
- Now select your PSK, enter capcha and click next.
- Now select the appointment date of your choice using calendar and click Pay and book appointment. If you don't want to choice the date click Pay and book appointment, system will automatically allot you the earliest available date.
- Now make the payment using your Debit/Credit card or Internet banking. Next you will get the confirmation of your appointment booking. Now print out your application receipt and visit the PSK on given date at given time.